Bus Routes for the 2017 - 2018 School Year
PLEASE NOTE: AS OF JUNE 15, 2018, THE ROUTES LISTED BELOW ARE UNDER REVIEW AND WILL BE UPDATED FOR THE 2018-19 SCHOOL YEAR, ON OR BEFORE AUGUST 22, 2018.
We ask parents to make sure that students are at bus stops early. At least five minutes prior to the published time to five minutes after the published time. We also ask kindergarten parents to be at the bus stop to receive their students.
Elementary Schools Boundary Map
The safety record of buses and drivers is outstanding in the Riverview School District. The school bus drivers undergo an extensive training program prior to getting behind the wheel of a school bus and refresher training every year. This training helps to ensure that riding a school bus is the safest way to get to school. Riverview has 37 buses and covers 500,000 miles a year in their 3-tier transportation routes: high school, middle school, and elementary schools.
>Video - Become a Riverview School Bus Driver!<
Riverview Transportation Department is responsible for the safe transportation of students every day. It is a responsibility that requires the cooperation of the students in observing the safety rules enforced by the district. Students riding on the bus are expected to conform to behavior rules corresponding to classroom conduct regulations. Students are to
Sit properly in their seats
Refrain from throwing objects
Keep hand to self
Be courteous to others
Obey the bus driver at all times
Promote bus cleanliness
Refrain from vandalism
The driver is in full charge of the bus and the students. The driver will report any problems to the Bus Discipline Officer for students who violate the rules on the bus. Each principal has the authority to dictate appropriate consequences or discipline for student misconduct, including loss of bus riding privileges. For the safety of all rides, the Board of Directors has authorized the installation of video cameras on district buses.
Students must only use their designated bus stop. A student must have written permission from their parent or guardian, subject to the principal's approval in writing, for any change in their assigned bus or bus stop.
The safety record of buses and drivers is outstanding in the Riverview School District. All buses are equipped with two-way radios, crossing arms, fire extinguishers, chains and/or sanders, and first-aid kits. Safety is the foremost concern of the bus drivers. Prior to leaving the bus garage, each driver performs a pre-trip safety check of the bus using district-established procedures that comply with the State Department of Transportation requirements.
Emergency Transportation Information
Hazardous weather or unexpected emergencies may create changes in bus transportation times and pickup-drop points for school children. Schools will be open unless a Riverview School District "School Closure" announcement is made by radio and television stations.
School Bus Operations may have to be altered or canceled. Example messages are:
- "SCHOOLS CLOSED" - all schools will be closed for one day only.
- All meetings, field trips and after school activities will also be cancelled. No out-of-district transportation will be provided.
- "SCHOOLS ONE (OR TWO) HOURS LATE, EMERGENCY BUS ROUTES" - schools will be either one or two hours late.
- Students will be dismissed at regular time unless announced otherwise.
- Parents should reference media outlets identified above for further announcements.
- Buses will operate on emergency bus routes, if announced.
- "NO OUT OF DISTRICT TRANSPORTATION" - schools are operating, but no school district transportation vehicles (buses, vans, cars) will operate outside of school boundaries. This will include special education, field trips, after school activities, sports events, concerts, performances, etc.Â
- "LIMITED BUS TRANSPORTATION" - buses will not travel certain routes in our communities because of safety.
- For more information on Limited Bus Transportation routes, click here.
If you have any questions during regular business hours, please contact the Riverview School District's Transportation Department Office at (425) 844-4540.