Riverview Education Foundation Grants
Over $31,000 to the Riverview School District
On November 22, 2016, the Riverview Education Foundation (“REF”) presented a check in the amount of $31,199.01 to the Riverview School District. The funds were awarded as part of the Foundation’s two-step annual grant process, with a second grant period occurring during the month of January 2017.
With the full or partial funding of 23 grants in this cycle, REF has donated $73,835.42 to the District during the 2016 calendar year. REF grants provide funding for a wide assortment of programs, materials and equipment that enhance the educational opportunities of students in Riverview schools.
Some of this year’s grants include:
- Virtual Reality Glasses and Software for Tolt Middle School
- Dual Language Reading Books for non-English language learning students, K-8
- Glassware in various forms for Cedarcrest High School’s Science department
- Books to help implement a library for students at the Riverview Learning Center
- Light Table for Riverview’s Developmental Preschool Program
- MIT Lego-based Molecule Kits for use in Tolt Middle School science classes.
The Riverview Education Foundation is an all-volunteer, non-profit organization dedicated to enriching the education of Riverview students. REF grants are funded entirely by donations and from money raised at special events, and all proceeds benefit Riverview schools.
The next fundraising event for the organization is the 2017 “Evening for Education Dinner Auction,” scheduled for Saturday night, February 25, 2017, at the Bellevue Marriott Hotel in Bellevue, Washington. REF will be providing more information on the event in the coming days and weeks.
REF extends its warmest thanks to all the businesses, community members, teachers, students, parents, school district staff, and school board members whose generosity and dedication make these grants possible.
For a full listing of this year’s grants, Foundation events and news, and to find out how you can help support Riverview schools, visit www.REFweb.org/grants.